One of the big challenges in a growing organization are reporting structure changes. Whether because of promotion or re-orgs, sometimes team members no longer report to you.
Re-orgs can be very frustrating and hurt morale as people suddenly work with different team members and have a new manager to build a relationship with. This can affect their career goals, performance reviews, and more.
This is where Lighthouse transfers can help.
We can move your former team member to their next manager so they can pick up where you left off.
How do Lighthouse transfers work?
There's 3 ways we can handle transfers, so choose the one that's best for you:
1) Default: Move everything you've noted and added to the new manager.
The first, and most common, transfer type is moving everything to the new manager. That means all your 1 on 1s (agendas, private notes, action items), Goals, and Rapport you've noted with them is shared with the new manager.
As soon as the transfer is made, you will no longer be able to see this person in your account. If you'd like to save a copy first, go to the Team section of Settings before requesting a transfer.
Want to request a transfer? Reach out to us using Intercom or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- Which team member(s) need transferred to which manager(s).
- Confirm you have exported any data you need before the switch.
- If you want the transfer to happen at a specific day in the future, let us know when. Otherwise it will be done as soon as we're available to do so.
2) Self serve for Growing Organizations: An admin at your company moves everything to the new manager.
For those on our Growing Organization tier, account administrators have access to controls to transfer, archive, export, and delete team members.
This is done from the analytics admin view by clicking on the triangle next to the team member's name:
This performs our default transfer as described in 1).
Note: The transfer is immediate, so if you're making changes for other managers, either download an export for them, or give them time to download the export themselves before you make the transfer.
3) Custom Transfers by request only: Moving your notes to Skip Level 1 on 1s, starting the new manager with a fresh account, or hiding Private Notes
If you're looking for a transfer that fits any of the following, get in touch for us to help you make the transfer:
- New manager under you taking over part of your team? We can set you up with Skip Level 1 on 1s where your old 1 on 1 notes are just for you, and the new manager takes over your Rapport and Goals with them.
- Don't want your notes shared with a colleague? We can transfer the Team Member along with Goals and Rapport to the new manager and delete your notes (note: once deleted, notes cannot be recovered).
- Want the new manager to start totally fresh? Research shows there's many benefits to letting one manager learn from the next, but if you're insistent, we can delete everything before the transfer is made, so only the team member's log in is preserved.
If you're looking for any of these custom transfer options, or something similar, get in touch via Intercom in the bottom right corner, or email us at email@example.com