Lighthouse's goal is to make everyone have a great manager. Key to that is how you communicate, develop, and build trust with your team.
With Lighthouse Team Member accounts, your team can be a part of your use of Lighthouse in 3 key areas:
- 1 on 1 Prep: Get your team ready for their 1 on 1 with you, contributing to the agenda and seeing what you want to discuss.
- 1 on 1 Follow Through: Ensure your team is accountable and completes their action items.
- Growth & Goals: Collaborate on their growth and goals in Lighthouse fully by creating, editing, updating, and completing goals.
Note: These accounts are free with your paid Lighthouse Manager account (more on billing here).
Here's what Team Member accounts look like:
1) The 1 on 1 for Team Members
The 1 on 1 tab for Team Members is much like a manager's. They see:
- Current and upcoming 1 on 1s
- Action items from last 1 on 1
- Agenda items entered by your manager for this 1 on 1
- An area for a Shared Agenda of things you want your manager to see
- Private notes for anything you want only for yourself to see
They also get the same timeline of Past 1 on 1s:
The key differences for team members then are:
- Read & Complete Action Items: Team members cannot create nor edit them. It's the manager's responsibility to clearly set expectations.
- Goal steps due soon: Most Goals are driven by team member effort, so we remind them of an Goal steps due soon to remind them.
- Prep Timing: Managers get a prep email the morning of or the night before the 1 on 1. Team members get a reminder 3 days and 1 day before the 1 on 1.
2) Goals for Team Members
A huge part of long term happiness for great employees is a desire to grow. Whether that's a promotion, or deeper/broader skills in their existing role, most employees want some form of growth.
With Lighthouse, when team members have accounts, they can collaborate 100% equally with their managers:
- Create new Goals
- Add steps to Goals
- Complete, edit, and delete Goal steps
- Archive, Delete, and Complete Goals
- Email the Goal to let the other person know you've updated it
3) Complete your Reviews in Lighthouse
This is a premium feature in Lighthouse available on the Growing Organization tier. Team Members can complete their reviews in the same place they have their 1 on 1s and goals.
Contact us at Sales@GetLighthouse.com for a discussion and demo of how our reviews work.