If you have a central place for tasks and todos for yourself, there's a good chance you'd like to get your Action Items from Lighthouse into that system after you set them in your 1 on 1. (Note: this feature works for managers *and* team members, but each person must set it up for themselves)
Using our Task Manager Sync Integration you can make each Action Item assigned to you automatically go to your favorite system. It works by entering an email address for the desired place to send each Action Item individually:
Here's who we currently support with either a link to how to set it up, or instructions from us:
1) Systems that work perfectly
Remember the Milk: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/email/
Todoist *Premium*: https://support.todoist.com/hc/en-us/articles/205749772-How-to-email-tasks-to-Todoist- (Note: Does not work on Todoist free plan)
2. Systems that require a little work-around
Unfortunately, with the strict way that Asana limits who and how you can send tasks into your Asana account, our integration with task manager tools won't work.
The best way you can hack it is to follow these steps:
- Enter your work email into the field for where tasks go in Lighthouse
- Send the test email so you can see what the email looks like in your inbox
- Forward the emails to the prescribed Asana email address. (Instructions here: https://asana.com/guide/help/email/email-to-asana)
With Pivotal Tracker there are two potential hacking options depending on your code comfort level:
Don't see your To Do List / Task Management system? Leave a comment if you'd like help with another system.