Manager Score™ is the latest product from Lighthouse. It allows you to run a quick, anonymous survey of your team to benchmark how you're doing in areas essential to great teams and strong retention.
You can sign up to get your Manager Score™ and learn more at https://getlighthouse.com/managerscore
Frequently Asked Questions by Managers About Running Manager Score™ for Your Team
Here's a quick summary of our questions answered below:
- What questions do you ask my team?
- Can I change the questions, or add my own?
- How do you calculate the score?
- How much does this cost? Is there a recurring fee?
- What is the cost if I have a Lighthouse account already?
- How do I get a Manager Score™ for all the managers in my department or organization? What is the cost?
- What are my payment options?
- What email do you send my team?
- Why do you require at least 4 team members?
- What happens if 4 people do not complete the survey?
- Can't I do this myself with a Google survey, or another survey tool?
- I have other questions or concerns. Who can I talk to?
- Who are you? Who made Manager Score™? What is Lighthouse?
1) What questions do you ask my team?
We do all the research to ask great questions so you don't have to.
We ask questions inspired by the latest workplace research and published questions to show engagement and effective manager performance inspired by Google's People Analytics team, Gallup, Deloitte, psychology research at Harvard and Stanford, and many other places we regularly cite and quote on the Get Lighthouse Blog.
We ask your team a total of 9 questions:
- 2 on how they feel about their Growth and Development
- 2 on how they feel you do giving them Feedback and Setting Expectations
- 2 on the degree of Rapport and trust they feel with you
- 2 on Retention indicators related to both whether they'd recommend you to others and like to continue working for you.
- 1 final, open ended question, which is optional. They can use this to add context, an example, explain and answer, or share any other feedback.
These are specifically designed to help you understand where your strengths and weaknesses are as a manager.
2) Can I change the questions, or add my own?
The questions are fixed and cannot be changed or removed to avoid adding any bias from poorly worded questions, prevent managers from avoiding questions they need to hear from their team most, and allow us to provide consistent analysis.
With consistent questions, we are able to provide you an accurate benchmark of how you compare to other managers as well.
3) How do you calculate the score?
Our core questions are the standard multiple choice ranging from Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree. All scores are based on a conversion with those choices to a numerical value where a higher score is better.
We also have 1 open ended question to allow for comments, context, and any examples a team member will provide. These are not part of the score, and are placed at the bottom of the Manager Score™ results for your easy reference.
4) How much does this cost? Is there a recurring fee?
For our self serve Manager Score report, you pay $5 per employee on your team to get your Manager Score™. This is a *one time* fee.
There are no recurring fees. You can get a new Manager Score™ as often as every 3 months, at which time you would pay again, only when you choose to run the survey again.
If you want to run Manager Score for a group of managers, you pay $10 per employee in your group and get:
- Manager Scores for all your managers.
- A summary report for senior leaders to identify patterns across managers.
- Concierge setup so we set up the teams for everyone; all your managers have to do is wait to get their report.
If you're interested in running Manager Score™ for a group or pilot in your organization, email us at ManagerScore@getlighthouse.com to answer your questions and discuss roll out.
5) What is the cost if I have a Lighthouse account already?
This is currently a separate product from the core Lighthouse product, so each time you run a Manager Score™, it is $10 per employee regardless of if you have a Lighthouse account.
Making it easy for you: If you have a Lighthouse account, we automatically pull in your team as a list you can edit when you set up to run your Manager Score™ with your team.
6) How do I get a Manager Score™ for all the managers in my department or organization? What is the cost?
If you're interested in having multiple managers in your company take the Score now, contact us at email@example.com and we can talk about our added benefits:
- Concierge setup: We can run all the surveys for you so your managers never have to manually add their teams. All they have to do is log in to view the results.
- Shared results: In addition to providing each manager with their Manager Score™, we can also provide the results to others in the organization (like their manager, or a senior executive)
- Summary analysis: We can provide a report that summarizes the findings across your organization to identify common weaknesses and strengths, as well as outliers to reward or help most.
The price of this is tailored to the needs and size of your organization. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
7) What are my payment options?
When you take a Manager Score™ individually, you'll be asked to pay via credit card as the last step before we contact your team.
If you're unable to pay via credit card, and would prefer an invoice you can submit, contact us at ManagerScore@getlighthouse.com
- Note: Paying by invoice will delay running your Manager Score survey with your team until payment is received.
Groups: If a group of you and fellow managers would like to run a Manager Score, contact us at ManagerScore@getlighthouse.com to get group billing.
8) What email do you send my team?
We email your team a few times to help you get your Manager Score™:
- When you first sign up to get your score, we invite them to take the survey.
- To remind them to take it 1 day before the deadline, if they have not already.
- To remind them to take it the day of the deadline, if they have not already.
- If you choose to manually send a Nudge reminder to them from your Manager Score log in page.
Once they take the survey they are not sent any reminders.
9) Why do you require at least 4 team members?
This is to ensure the anonymity of the answers. While we know you'd never do it, some managers could be tempted to try to reverse-engineer who answered what on the survey.
We plan to support 2 and 3 team member teams in the future, with changes to our copy to let them know the answers are only semi-anonymous. Obviously, if you have only 1 team member, there would be zero anonymity.
10) What happens if 4 people do not complete the survey?
You can send another nudge to your team to try to get them to complete it, or we’ll refund you.
If you are doing this as an organization, we will work with you to ensure sufficient completion for your managers. Often, a message from the leader purchasing stating the importance and value is all that's needed.
11) Can I do this myself with a Google survey, or another survey tool?
Sure. Here's how to do that:
- Spend a few hours researching questions so you're sure you choose the right ones.
- Create a survey with those questions.
- Find a way to make the survey yourself, while still promising anonymity.
- Email your team to take the survey.
- Remind your team to take it without knowing who took it (or it's not anonymous anymore).
- Calculate and review the results.
- Come up with your own recommendations on how to improve your score or spend more time researching how to.
- Avoid procrastinating or getting bogged down in other work preventing you from completing the analysis, so your team knows you haven't forgotten and care about their answers.
Or you can just sign up to get your Manager Score™, and we’ll do all that for you, and give you tactical tips to improve.
You’ll even be able to re-run the survey with just a few clicks.
12) I have other questions or concerns. Who can I talk to?
Email us at email@example.com, and we are happy to answer your questions and concerns.
13) Who are you? Who made Manager Score™? What is Lighthouse?
We make software to help managers build better relationships with their teams through awesome 1 on 1s, great growth conversations, and timely advice.
Since we already help managers support their teams, the next logical step was to help them measure how they’re doing, and help them more easily identify areas to focus on and improve.
Everything we do as a company, from our software, to Manager Score™, to our blog, is with the goal to make your team members high performers who love working for you.