Interested in growing as a leader, or helping a group of managers do the same? Then, Lighthouse Leadership Lessons is the program for you.
Sending managers to an all day training seminar sounds good on paper, but has a lot of issues:
- Your managers are distracted by fires, requests from their teams, and day to day demands throughout the training.
- It's hard to remember everything when you drink from the fire hose all at once.
- It can be very expensive to bring a trainer on site, or send a manager to another location.
Enter Lighthouse Leadership Lessons...
Our program focuses on bite-size, highly actionable weekly lessons where you learn over 10-16 weeks at a time you pick.
Each lesson and program is packed with the same research and best practices like you've read year after year on the Lighthouse blog on Management & Leadership, with a particular focus on helping you apply these concepts directly to your team to drive results.
For those less familiar with the programs we've been running for the last 2.5 years, here's answers to the most common questions we receive from prospective participants.
Lighthouse Leadership Lessons FAQs
Whether you're a new manager looking to find your way, or a veteran leader looking to help your fellow leaders develop, this is a program that can help you.
Here's the questions we answer below:
- What is Lighthouse Leadership Lessons?
- How long does a Lighthouse Lessons program last?
- What topics will you cover?
- What format are the lessons?
- When does the program start?
- What if I'm traveling or away during part of the program?
- What are others saying about Lighthouse Leadership Lessons?
- I have a group of managers that would like this, do you have a group discount?
- What is the Group Edition? How does it work?
- Can I see an example lesson? I'm ready to pull the trigger once I see one.
- I have another question. Who do I ask?
Scroll down to the question you're most interested in, or read through them all. Then, be sure to reserve your spot for our next program so you don't miss out!
1) What is Lighthouse Leadership Lessons?
We send you 1 lesson a week that teaches you a key concept to help you be a better leader. This includes explicit, actionable advice so you know exactly how you can apply them immediately to your team, as well as templates (where applicable) to make it easier to apply them.
2) How long does a Lighthouse Lessons program last?
Each program lasts 10-16 weeks depending on the theme. Each week on a designated day, we send out a lesson via email at 5:00am EST.
We encourage managers to schedule a time on their calendars to do the lesson, which gives them flexibility on when they'll read and act on the lesson, while ensuring it gets done.
3) What topics will you cover?
Each program has a different theme that all lessons relate to. To date, we have had 3 programs following the current weekly format:
- The Secret Habits of Great Senior Leaders: (Currently available) A collection of tactics and approaches to help you raise you and your team's performance. Learn how to set your values, set expectations, and get more done as a team.
- The Coach's Clinic: (Returning Q2/Q3 2020) Teaching you how to give feedback that improves performance, and praise that motivates across a variety of situations. We arm you with many tactics, so you you can always choose the right tool for your situation.
- The Mindset of Great Managers: (Retired) Being a good manager is more than a few tactics. It's a total mindset shift from being an individual contributor. Learn how you can get buy-in, motivate others, multiply your impact, and more.
What's next? We regularly survey our Lighthouse blog subscribers for future program topic ideas. If you want to suggest a program topic, you can email us your suggestion at [email protected] and sign up for our blog here.
4) What format are the lessons?
Each lesson arrives on a designated weekday morning at 5:00am EST for the duration of the program. We'll also link to further reading that can include videos, blog posts, and books to read later.
Each lesson takes about 15 minutes to read and work on the day's action. You can complete it at whatever time fits best in your schedule (and we help you figure out when that is in a bonus lesson).
5) When does the program start?
Each program has a 2-3 week sales window when you can reserve your spot for the program. Sales then close the night before the program starts.
Also - Shortly before the program starts, we'll send both a preview email and the bonus lesson so you have everything you need to make the most of the program.
If there isn't a program currently running, sign up on the program page or subscribe to our blog, as we'll announce to both groups, including early bird discounts.
6) What if I'm traveling or away during part of the program?
Easy. Just catch up when you get back. Since the lessons are weekly, you can review them when you return and quickly catch up on a week or 2.
The lessons are sequential though, so be sure to read them in order!
Note: If you'll be gone for a substantial portion of the program (4 weeks or more), we recommend you wait and sign up for the program at another time when you'll not miss so many weeks.
7) What are others saying about Lighthouse Leadership Lessons?
We've helped managers in a variety of industries from tech to mining, doctors and nurses to teachers, IT to manufacturing. Here's one such example of our impact:
- "The Coach's Clinic helped me understand the importance of giving feedback and praise and how to effectively apply them in my day to day actions in a variety of ways.
It has been instrumental in changes in not only my work life, but my personal life as well." - Chris Shibe, Manager of Product Support at Jornaya
And you can see a collection of more testimonials here.
8) I have a group of managers that would like this, do you have a group discount?
Yes. You can purchase for a group on the site for each program, or contact us at [email protected] and we can work out a price based on the size of your group (minimum 10 managers).
We also have a premium program for groups of managers; if you meet each week to discuss the lesson together, we'll send you an agenda to guide the discussion, which one group leader remarked:
- "Everyone has been very self-reflective and they have all changed their behavior in small ways as a result of these lessons and discussions."
Sign up for the "Group Edition" for you and your fellow managers if you'd like the group agendas.
9) What is the Group Edition? How does it work?
When you sign up for the Group Edition for a group of your managers, we send you or a designated discussion leader a weekly agenda to help spark and foster discussion with your group.
These help your managers build bonds with colleagues they may rarely get to speak with, while helping everyone share stories, ask questions, and help one another.
Leaders have *raved* about the impact these have, so we highly recommend it for any group interested in participating in the program to make the most of them.
10) Can I see an example lesson? I'm ready to pull the trigger once I see one.
Absolutely. Check out this message we sent during a previous program.
Note: The example was part of a 7 day program.
11) I have another question. Who do I ask?
Reply to this email, or contact us at [email protected]